Tifosi Slip T-G045 Matte Black Sunglasses Review

Tifosi Slip T-G045 Matte Black Sunglasses
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I ordered these after seeing them on sale for $30 elsewhere recently. I figured for that price, they would be a decent value. Not so.
One big problem for me was that the fit was all wrong. I have had a few problems with sunglass fit on my face over the years. Some have the lower edges barely touching my cheeks. Others like Gargoyles Classics fit perfectly. The Slip was the worst I've ever encountered. The lower edges of the lens pressed against my cheeks, while the nosepiece didn't even rest on my nose at all. I immediately returned them. It appears that I have the kind of face that Oakley created their "Asian fit" sunglasses for. This may not be a problem for others, so the lesson would be to try this out in a store if at all possible.
The second, bigger problem is that the lens was badly designed. I had seen reviews from Slip owners that said they had lenses breaking at the nose, some having to repeatedly replace their lenses at their own expense, since Tifosi's lifetime warranty doesn't cover lens breakage. The moment I opened the package, I could see why. Every spare lens had a rectangular notch in the middle. The notch has very sharp inner corners. Any first year mechanical engineering student could tell Tifosi that that is a terrible design. That's what's called a stress riser, where a sudden change in cross-sectional area causes stress to be concentrated and magnified. That would explain the frequent breakage complaints. Yet another reason I was glad to send them back. Considering the problem has been reported for the last few years, it's alarming that Tifosi doesn't fix it. There's a simple solution: make the inside corners of the notch rounded. That they refuse to change their molds (which they would have to replace after molding a few thousand lenses anyway) is a disturbing sign of complacency in the company. But then again, they're not alone. I've snapped about seven pairs of Gargoyles Classics at the nose, once while merely sliding a pair into my pocket. Gargoyles has never fixed that flaw in over 20 years. But at least Gargoyles allows me to send the glasses back with a warranty fee (about $12) to get a replacement pair.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Tifosi Slip T-G045 Matte Black Sunglasses



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Tifosi Slip T-G045 Matte Black Sunglasses

0 comments:

Post a Comment