Pepper's Men's Folson Sport Polarized Sunglasses Review

Pepper's Men's Folson Sport Polarized Sunglasses
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
First of all, let me begin by saying these are fantastic sunglasses, especially for the price. Now let me tell you why...
FRAME: The frame is a very durable plastic. Unlike most Oakleys, these feature a rubber nose piece. Now, I know rubber nose pieces may be a cosmetic turn-off for some, but you cannot see that they are rubber when they are being worn and they have air holes in them to allow your skin to breathe. They are seamlessly integrated into the frame. The sides of the frame have a similar material on the portion that fits over your ear (you can see it in the pictures). It also serves to grip onto your hair or skin. These 3 fitting points work extremely well in keeping the shades in place. One of my issues with other sunglasses, is how they slide down your nose. Not with the Folsom. It fits snug but not too tight. Also, I noticed that the ear pieces of the frame are slightly flexible. The hinges are screwed in, not just plastic snap-in pieces. Overall, very good quality ESPECIALLY for the price. I am not wild about the text "Peppers" down the side. Sounds a little corny to me (they should probably come up with a logo that just utilizes the "P"...but whatever). The text does look nice though.
LENSES: The lenses are dark but not so dark that a person cannot see your eyes. They are wide and give you a good amount of peripheral vision. As a matter of fact, one of the issues I have with this style in general is that when you are in a car, you cannot see out of your peripheral view if there is a car next to you. Not so with these. They give you almost as good of view as if you had not side frame at all. The clarity of the lenses is fantastic. I was sitting at a light the other day and looked out my open window at the truck next to me. Aside from the tint, I could not tell I had lenses in front of my eyes. They were that clear. The HUGE thing now is polarized lenses and YES these are polarized. I do not honestly know if there are degrees of polarization (Is there a scale of better or worst polarization of lenses?) or if a lens just either is or isn't polarized. All I know is that these definitely are polarized. They reduce glare while creating better contrast between light and dark levels.
CASE: These glasses come with a case similar to the firm but soft cases that Oakley sells (for $35). You can't run it over with a car and expect your glasses to be in one piece, but it does provide very good everyday protection. Plus, it is free. Very well-made. The only negative that I have found is that the case smells. Pretty strong too. Kind of a rubbery scent. I think it has aired out the last few days and the smell has dissipated a bit, but very strong out of the box.
WARRANTY: I haven't needed to use it yet, so I cannot say how their customer service is, but their on-the-box and on-their-website warranty says that they will replace the lenses for free for the first year if they get damaged for any reason. After that, they have a warranty where they will replace anything that is manufacturer defect, but you have to pay a $20 handling fee. Since most of their glasses are at the $35 price point, it just makes sense to buy another pair after 2 years. Still, the one year warranty is fantastic (assuming they stick by it).
OVERALL: If you are looking at this style of glasses, you aren't picky about having name-brand, you have an average sized head (be honest when sizing up your melon), and you want something that is durable, go ahead and make the purchase. You will not regret it. They are very good quality and at the price, you can't beat them. (However, they are made in China. If you are one of those "I only by American" kind of people, obviously, this won't work for you).
A WORD ON POLARIZED LENSES: Almost every sun-glass manufacturing company these days is making a huge deal out of polarized lenses. Here is my two cents: Unless someone told you a pair was polarized and showed you how you can tell, you would put them on and never know the difference. This is true with Oakley and this is true with these lenses. I was at an Oakley retailer recently and she put a pair on me and had me go outside. It was sunny. I put them on and took them off several times. She said "Can't you see how it deepens the blacks while makes white clearer and more defined? See how they reduce glare?" My response: Uhhh...sort of. Ads make it sound like when you wear polarized lenses, you see in hi-def...things pop out at you that you never noticed before. Eh. Maybe if you fish a lot or spend a lot of time on the water you would see a huge difference between these and ordinary lenses. Otherwise, if you are paying a lot extra for polarized lenses, odds are you are paying for something that you don't notice as much as you think you do. I will admit, when you are driving down the road, and there is something on your dash that reflects on the windshield, you cannot see it with polarized lenses. Ooooo! Isn't that neat? And when you look at those test things in the store that demonstrate the capability of polarized lenses, prepare to be impressed. But in a real life everyday scenario? The difference is minimal at best. Unless someone points out what to look for, you wont notice unless you are really observant or if you are a photographer who studies contrast and light vs dark levels. But again, that is my 2 cents.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Pepper's Men's Folson Sport Polarized Sunglasses

The Folson from Pepper's has a look that is undoubtedly made for speed. In a sleek and streamlined silhouette, this pair of sunglasses has a Tuff-Core grilamid frame that's sturdy and flexible, slip-resistant megol nose pads, and TAC-tical polarized lenses. TAC-tical technology means it has 2 acetate lens layers with a polyvinyl acetate layer sandwiched in between.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Pepper's Men's Folson Sport Polarized Sunglasses

0 comments:

Post a Comment